This course is a nice one for more advanced players. Newer players are going to get frustrated and possibly lose some discs. The layout is fairly challenging and features a moderate variety of shots. When playing today some holes had flooding from heavy rainfall which created water hazards. I liked the additional challenge but for a new player it would likely not be so much fun. The flooding did cause one place where there was not a way to cross one tee-box and required getting your feet wet and a tee-box (#3 was under water) this is not cool. With a couple modifications this course could go up a few notches. Adding a bridge , moving and lengthening the tee-pad for #3 moving Hole 1 back to better feature the trees on the hole, and adding a second set of shortened tee-pads for beginners would bring this course up a notch (there are some dirt tees closer but they are not well marked or maintained.
this could be a very nice course, but it isnt maintained. i saw some players who got fed up, and begun to maintain the course them selves. i cant blame them. the course floods out when it rains, and the water goes no were. the last time i was there, tee #3 was completly under water, and a big area was flooded out changing the nature of a coupkle holes. nevertheless, this course is very challenging, and is worth playing even with its current problems. the lay out is hilly, flat, and wooded. there are some very long and hard holes. i give this course an 8.5 out of 10 rating for toughness. it is worth playing.
Oakwood could be a nice course, but it is very poorly maintained and laid out. If there has even been a little bit of rain the course will flood in several places, making some holes unplayable. There are also some fallen trees in the way on some holes that have been there for quite some time, it seems that the city has no plans to remove them. In addition, most of the open field doesn’t even have fairways mowed out, so be prepared to hunt for your disk if you don’t remember exactly where it lands. There are also some other minor issues that can be summed up by saying: this course is poorly/not maintained!
All in all Oakwood could be a nice course if
• proper drainage was installed
• dead trees moved out of way
• fairways mowed in
• The course received general maintenance
Oakwood is a semi-challenging course with most of its challenges in the heavy woods. Easy to navigate around with the exception of #8 and #12 Tees in which you have to turn around to get to. All tee boxes are numbered in neon yellow signs with arrows and yardage posted. Overall it's a nice course to play at.
Courses Close By
- The Valley Disc Golf Course, Inver Grove Heights MN US(3 votes)
- Inver Hills Community College Disc Golf Course, Inver Grove Hieghts MN USNo votes yet
- Kaposia Park, South St. Paul MN US(7 votes)
- Garlough Park, West Saint Paul MN US(1 vote)
- Hastings Middle School Disc Golf Course, Hastings MN USNo votes yet
- Afton Alps, Hastings MN USNo votes yet
- Northview Park, Eagan MN US(5 votes)
- C.P. Adams Park, Hastings MN US(5 votes)
- Prescott High School, Prescott WI USNo votes yet
- Brockway Disc Golf Course, Rosemount MN US(3 votes)