North Lake Park
Just to give an update on this course, as of saturday july 2nd there have been some concrete tee pads in about half the holes and have added short and long boxes to the course. I believe it was being done by a contractor by the city but unsure.
Very open course. Too easy though. Trees are scarce until the last 4 or so holes. I never found the tee for hole 17. Hole 12 directions: From hole 11 you'll have to work toward the Rec center, turn past the tennis courts, keep walking back toward hole 1 until you pass the batting cages. The tee will be even with the batting cages. The Rec Center staff will not be able to help you. I waited at least 20 minutes before looking on my own. But good course for someone starting out that has a lot of power. It was maintained pretty well. Didn't get Poison Ivy, and didn't see much oppurtunity to get it either. Some signs were missing, but its a pretty simple layout, except for 11 to 12.
Great course for beginners due to it being wide open for the most part. A few water holes toward the end of your 18. I am personally not a fan because it is an easy course and somewhat boring. Expect to play -8.
I live in Denton and play this course all the time. Sometimes the grass gets a little long, but they cut it ever few months or so. the first few holes are really open, so it is good practice for long drives. If you go at the right time you can catch a really nice sunset on holes 5, 7, and 9 (the water hole). Between holes 11 and 12, you walk by a golf shooting range and some batting cages (which never seem to be open). 14 shoots next to a marsh, and 15 gets wet after it rains. 16 through 19 all shoot next to a little river, so get ready to get wet if you don't want to loose a disc. But I still give it four stars for convenience and because it's a great place to practice.
Courses Close By
- Lake Lewisville Park, Lewisville TX US(6 votes)
- Leonard L. Woods Park, Lewisville TX US(6 votes)
- Trophy Club Park, Trophy Club TX US(2 votes)
- McCord Park, Little Elm TX USNo votes yet
- Dash's Track Disc Golf Course, Frisco TX USNo votes yet
- Bill Allen Memorial Park, The Colony TX US(3 votes)
- Andrew Brown Park, Coppell TX US(2 votes)
- Haslet Community Park, Haslet TX USNo votes yet
- Greenbelt Park, Carrollton TX US(7 votes)
- Tommy and Sue Brown Park, North Richland Hills TX USNo votes yet