New Hogan Dam - West
Very nice course with beautiful views of the lake. Clay tee pads pretty slick when wet so don't wear converse all stars. I would like to return and camp and play the course in the summer time. A person in our group claims there is an entrance subterranean military installation that "studies people that are abducted and pumps them full of chemicals" near hole 10 but I am pretty sure its a water treatment facility of some sort, it didn't smell bad or anything.
We saw an owl.
This course is awesome. Spectacular views and wildlife. Good variety of holes. The earthen tee pads are the best around. Rating 5/5 when we get cement tees. Ray Birch, Scott and Scott have done tons of work. When the course goes "all long" it is in the "animal style" formation and will brutalize you. The 36 holes will make you want to keep coming back. The Fiddleneck Chain Rattlers put on a monthly every 4th Saturday of each month. Don't miss it. You may take home the "golden anchor", out perpetual monthly trophy for the best score of the monthly. This course is only getting longer and better with age. Look for new pin positions as time goes by. Peace: KL
This is a very fun course that will test your skill level. The only reason for the 3 is that the tee pads need a little work. A good mix of shots through oaks, open shots & long drives. The course is played on the hillside right next to Hogan Lake, with one hole right on the lake shore. I don't recommend playing in the middle of the afternoon during summer as you might fry your brain. Go in the evening for the most enjoyable play. And your so close to the water, you may find the urge to take a quick dip. This is rattlesnake country so just keep your eyes open. Last year I did flush a couple pheasants while playing. Bring plenty of water, a hat & sunglasses.
Courses Close By
- New Hogan Dam - East, Valley Springs CA USNo votes yet
- Pug Ugly Mine Disc Golf at Quinones Park, San Andreas CA USNo votes yet
- Lake Amador Campground, Ione CA USNo votes yet
- Lake Amador South , Ione CA US(1 vote)
- Lake Amador North, Ione CA USNo votes yet
- Howard Park, Ione CA USNo votes yet
- Feeney, Murphys CA USNo votes yet
- Lockeford Springs Golf Course, Lodi CA USNo votes yet
- Mollie Joyce Park Disc Golf Course, Pioneer CA US(2 votes)
- White Pines Park Disc Golf Course, Arnold CA USNo votes yet