Micke Grove Park
Played the 18 holes twice today. The course is in great shape.
Can’t get over how huge the Tee Pads are. They are plenty long and wide. They are the best I have ever played on (what you would expect from a newer course).
The signs are perfect: good map of where the hole placements are regarding the trees, color coded holes, and hole placement marked with its distance. The cap on top of the sign post marks the location of where the basket is placed. Best system I have seen to date.
Hole 18 was in it water hazard position which I dig. All holes have 3 basket placements.
I enjoy how some of the holes are on pure grass like a real golf course. You won’t be able to skip your discs up to the baskets like dirt. It makes them a different challenge.
All the holes were in RED placements (shortest). Most, if not, all holes were under 300’. I am wondering if they had a junior or female tournament recently. I would have liked at least a mix of short and long holes (which they usually have).
Hole #2, #5, and #6 are almost identical to each other.
Occasionally have to wait for cars, bicycles, or people to pass by on the roads or walking paths. But the wait is not long.
You do have to pay $5 - weekdays, $6 - weekends, $10 - special holidays. But it's well worth the price.
Some complain about when the baskets are in the water hazard positions. Well good news, there is a local that tries to pull out all the discs from the pond every few months or so. He will call you if you have your number on the disc. He was there today. He had already rescued 7 discs. If you don’t want to chance it, get the floating Wahoo (throws = to a Valkyrie or Champion Tern) for hole #16, #17, or #18. It throws well for those 3 placements. But please do one or the other vs complaining so they will continue to periodically use the water hazard placements for added risk/fun. Hardly any other DGC’s in the region have water we get to throw around.
Overall it is one of the better courses in Northern California. Can’t wait to go back.
Courses Close By
- Oak Grove Regional Park - Purple, Stockton CA US(4 votes)
- Oak Grove Regional Park - Gold, Stockton CA USNo votes yet
- Elk Grove Disc Golf Course, Elk Grove CA US(5 votes)
- Lake Amador South , Ione CA US(1 vote)
- Lake Amador North, Ione CA USNo votes yet
- New Hogan Dam - West, Valley Springs CA US(2 votes)
- New Hogan Dam - East, Valley Springs CA USNo votes yet
- East La Loma Park, Modesto CA USNo votes yet
- Santa Anita Park Youth Disc Golf Course, Sacramento CA US(2 votes)
- LARPD Disc Golf Course , Livermore CA US(2 votes)