Mercer County Park
A little bit hard to find, just make sure to follow those signs for "Fields 3-9", and soon enough you will see "Disc Golf Course" signs with arrows pointing to a grass/gravel lot.
This beautiful course makes up for only having 9 holes with the full array of technical shots required to play them. Two sets of tees further extend play diversity, with "A" tees adding around 50' - 100'. Hole distances vary from less than 150' to over 400'.
Tees are crushed stone (or clay), a little short (2 steps max), and a few are a little rough. Each tee has an illustrated map of the hole, only one was a bit confusing. The course is easy to navigate.
Fairways and paths are mowed grass and well-kept. Baskets are clearly marked, although not visible from some tees - run out and look on your first round, it's not a great idea to throw blind...
Clumps of trees occupy several fairways - a well-placed, modest drive often leaves you a better approach shot than a long drive. The somewhat overgrown wooded areas will gobble up your discs; make sure they're brightly colored!
Lots of wildlife in the area; I frequently see deer on the course, lots of birds (Red Winged Blackbird, Tree Swallow, Titmouse, etc.), and groundhogs. Watch out for ticks!
This is a really nice course. There are two sets of tees for each basket, which allows you to play 18 holes even though there are only 9 baskets. The holes are fairly open with wide fairways and only a few obstacles well placed. The entire course is well groomed (trees are trimmed, grass is mowed, etc.). It is also very easy to find your way around the course the first time; there are clear paths and the sign are very nice. I recommend using the "B" tees to figure out where all the baskets are, and then using the "A" tees for the 2nd 9 holes.
The only down sides are that a few of the holes are a bit on the short side (135 feet) and it is easy to lose a disc in the tall grasses on the side of the course if you aren't careful. I managed to lose one in the grasses on the right side of hole #7 after teeing off from the "B" tee.
The tee boxes are a little on the short side, and only really allow you to take 3 steps. They are nicely cared for though.
Courses Close By
- Thompson Park, Monrow Township NJ USNo votes yet
- Tyler State Park - East, Newtown PA US(2 votes)
- Tyler State Park - West, Newtown PA USNo votes yet
- Manalapan Recreation Center, Manalapan NJ USNo votes yet
- Rutgers, Douglass College, New Brunswick NJ USNo votes yet
- Freehold Township High School, Freehold Township NJ US(1 vote)
- Tamanend Park Disc Golf Course, Southampton PA USNo votes yet
- Disc Golf at Old Towne Park, Branchburg NJ USNo votes yet
- Chimney Rock Disc Golf Course, Martinsville NJ US(2 votes)
- Greenwood Meadows, Warren NJ USNo votes yet