Basket for hole #8 was installed last fall.
Large course map by Pro Tee #1, use phone to take picture to help find your way around.
For a "dry" 16 holes, use stepping stone for first crossing on #7, slightly backtrack and use bridge for second crossing, then skip holes #8 and #9 and go right to #10
This course has the potential to be the one of the most challenging courses in the cehtral Iowa area, but it needs to be finished.
This course has a couple of holes at the beginnning that are very deceptive to hide the beast that comes beginning at #3, and that is where the fun begins. #3 is around 250 ft, but it comes over a 200' gulley where it has probably a 20' opening to the pin at the top of the other side. Miss, and you are at the bottom. Starting at #6, the creek comes into play over the next several holes and becomes more and more into play. By #9, you are driving up the length of the creek. From #3 - 11, there are some great elevation changes, heavy woods, a winding creek and the true character of the course. From #12 through the finish still has some really fun wooded holes, and challenges abound.
Since you can't tell from above, I really enjoy this course. The negatives is also the creek and just overall upkeep. The basket on #8 has been missing for almost 2 years now. It's disappointing. There are a lot of vandals that tear down tee signs, and it's not uncommon to find bikes in the bottom of the creek. Three holes need bridges for water crossings, and just count on getting wet!
Overall, if bridges were in place, and a basket re-installed on 8, I feel this is probably one of the most interesting and challenging courses I've ever played. For a comparison, we play all the courses used when the Worlds were in Des Moines a few years back. This is a World-level course, if it just gets finished. I'm hoping that happens!
Courses Close By
- Pilot Mound, Pilot Mound IA USNo votes yet
- Edgewood Park, Madrid IA US(1 vote)
- Gateway Hills Park (Carroll Marty Disc Golf Course), Ames IA US(2 votes)
- Iowa State University (Stable Run Disc Golf Course), Ames IA US(2 votes)
- Perry Disc Golf Course, Perry IA USNo votes yet
- Centennial Park, Huxley IA US(1 vote)
- Big Creek State Park, Polk City IA USNo votes yet
- Story City Park, Story City IA USNo votes yet
- Harrington Park, Nevada IA USNo votes yet
- Walnut Ridge Recreation Area, Des Moines (Johnston) IA US(1 vote)