McFarland Park Disc Golf
Ball golf course turned disc golf...O ya.. Great layout on this course, huge possibilities too. It has a wide range of throws and lots of water. Distance your thing? you must play this course. It does have a great layout, it comes back after nine and 18 holes. The use of the course is great. A must play course if you are in the area.
Beautiful scenic course built on an old golf course right on the Northern bank of the Tennessee River.
This course exemplifies what I would call a "best case scenario" for a disc golf course built over the remains of a dead ball golf course. (a very appropriate use of such space I might add)
The course does not simply follow the layout of the old course, it doesn't even try. They made great use of elevation changes and water hazards, and pretty good flow as well (you end up back near the parking lot at the end of the front nine as well as after 18)
WATCH OUT FOR THE WATER. be prepared to loose one, or have a very difficult retrieval of an old favorite. as most of the course is open, wind can be a bid issue if you're trying to luck your way over one of the many ponds.
There are two courses in town- this is the longer and newer of the two.
Tee boxes are fine-crushed gravel with carpet laid over top (actually a nice surface to shoot off of)
The course has good signage for length of holes, and slightly less signage directing you to the next tee, but the biggest room for improvement would be in maps at each hole to more easily determine the layout of each hole (and which basket you're shooting at)
On the out-of-towner ease of use scale (1-5 where 5 is perfectly mapped out with score cards and map-flyers or hole maps with distances at each tee and perfectly obvious pathways to each next tee), this course earns a 2.5- plenty of room for improvement, but much better than most
Courses Close By
- Lakeside Disc Golf at Veterans Memorial Park, Florence AL US(1 vote)
- Tishomingo State Park - Tushka Run, Tishomingo MS USNo votes yet
- Tishomingo State Park - Warrior Ridge, Tishomingo MS USNo votes yet
- Tishomingo State Park - Chickasaw, Tishomingo MS USNo votes yet
- Pickwick Plantation, Pickwick Landing Dam TN US(2 votes)
- Flying Dragon Disc Golf Course, Decatur AL USNo votes yet
- Athens State University, Athens AL USNo votes yet
- First Baptist Church of Tanner, Tanner AL USNo votes yet
- Sportsplex, Athens AL US(4 votes)
- Aggieland Disc Golf, Hamilton AL USNo votes yet