LeRoy Disc Golf Course
Attempted to play it yesterday and walked away with very mixed feelings about the course. Here are my thoughts:
The course can use a bit of redesign. Some of the holes are challenging to the point of being silly in terms of having to throw down the narrowest of narrow corridors surrounded by trees and undergrowth. Two of the holes we just walked past and agreed we weren't going to play due to the nature of the hole. I think holes 4,6 and 8 stood out the most as being in need of a change of location.
If the location saw a bit more maintenance it has some real gems in terms of scenery and interest while playing. In spite of what I said above we found the course enjoyable to walk, just not fun to play.
Overall I will give this course 1 link, but to me it is a diamond in the rough. With some attention and work it would be a fun and attractive course.
Drove out to LeRoy to update this review and try the course out... but GeGnome was right. Part of the course is mowed and makes for a couple of nice holes, but the back part by the woods is completely under brush and unplayable. Additionally, the basket on Hole #4 is missing...
Course isn't well maintained. Nearby brush is very thick with many thorns. Much better courses nearby in Bloomington/Normal area.
Courses Close By
- State Farm Park, Bloomington IL US(1 vote)
- Forrest Park, Bloomington IL US(1 vote)
- PJ Irvin Disc Golf Course, Bloomington IL US(1 vote)
- Maxwell Park Disc Golf Course, Normal IL US(3 votes)
- Brent Johnson Park, Mahomet IL US(1 vote)
- Spencer Park, Maroa IL USNo votes yet
- Monticello Middle School, Monticello IL USNo votes yet
- Dodds Park DGC, Champaign IL US(2 votes)
- Forsyth Park Disc Golf Course, Forsyth IL US(1 vote)
- South Pointe Park, El Paso IL USNo votes yet