Kincaid Park Disc Golf Course
Despite this being the bermuda triangle of lost discs, Kincaid offers, in this reviewer's opinion, Alaska's best course. With dual tees and dual pars, you could play a full 72 and not get bored. Print a map or follow a local, because there are many paths crisscrossing the park, and in the middle it's easy to take a wrong turn. Holes are periodically switched from A to B positions, so the course has high replay value, although occasionally it's difficult to determine which position it's in. Kincaid offers all the variety you could ask for, through gorgeous Alaskan old growth forest. Highly recommended.
As a side note, I have gone scores of times and have never failed to spot a moose there.
One of the best courses I have ever played. Excellent use of trees to make things challenging but not brutally difficult. The park is very nice and the trails are very well maintained. The only negative things I have to say about the course are these:
1. A couple of tees are a bit difficult to find, but there are trails so you just have to find the right one.
2. If played later in the summer, the undergrowth off the fairway is much larger than at the start. I've lost a couple of discs because of this.
3. Moose. Be careful of moose.
Even with these, it is still a great course and definitely worth checking out.
Courses Close By
- Westchester Lagoon Park, Anchorage AK US
- Hanshew Middle School, Anchorage AK US
- APU Disc Golf, Anchorage AK US
- Service High School, Anchorage AK US
- Russian Jack Springs, Anchorage AK US
- Hilltop Ski Area, Anchorage AK US
- Hilltop Yellow Short 9, Anchorage AK US
- Gruening Middle School, Eagle River AK US
- Schroeder Park Disc Golf Course, Eagle River AK US
- Peters Creek Disc Golf Course, Chugiak AK US