This course is maintained impeccably. water obstacles, trees and long drives make it a 9 hole course with everything included. the terrain is pretty flat so if you're looking for a workout this is not the place, but if you want a quick course that pulls out every shot in the bag, this is it.
Pros: lots of shade/variety of shots/makeshift tees to turn the 9 hole course into an 18 hole course.
cons: can get very crowded as it is a local favorite. sometimes there are people unaware of what disc golf is walking around as there is a childrens park on the other side of the creek.
I don't consider it being a 9 hole course a con at all. there are plenty of longer courses in the area, its nice to have a short one if you're in a hurry so for what it is, i give it a four. the only thing that could make it better is if it covered more terrain between the baskets.
A little known 9 hole course in the middle of DFW. Large trees here with a large creek running along most of the holes. Used to a be 18-hole course until baseball fields and a large playground took up the park on the other side of the creek. The end result are 9 mostly long holes with concrete longs and grass short tees. A band of locals have their own made-up tees from a variety of locations to make and 18 hole course out of this one.
Most shots need to be kept low as the large trees create a ceiling up about 20 or 30 feet. Pretty much all flat with well kept grass. This course dries out quickly after all but a big rain. Trees provide good shade on hot days. Not that busy even on weekends. A good practice course.
Pros: Nice large trees, with no undergrowth. Easy to walk and good shade. Long holes that demand accuracy.
Cons: Easy to lose disks on several holes along the creek. In a large neighborhood where people are often oblivious to the course and discs flying around. I wish there was room for 18 holes here.
Courses Close By
- Turner Park, Grand Prairie TX US(4 votes)
- Mountain Creek, Grand Prairie TX USNo votes yet
- W. O. Harrington, Irving TX US(2 votes)
- Roger William Lytle Disc Golf Course at Founders Park, Dallas TX US(1 vote)
- Bear Creek, Grapevine TX US(10 votes)
- Jimmy Porter Park, Carrollton TX US(5 votes)
- Crossroads of Life Disc Golf Course, Duncanville TX US(3 votes)
- Boys Ranch Disc Golf Course, Bedford TX USNo votes yet
- Andrew Brown Park, Coppell TX US(3 votes)
- Lawnview Park, Dallas TX USNo votes yet