Fort Steilacoom N.W. Disc Golf Course
I got lucky and had a guide that led me through both E and W 18's... Both were fantastic! It would have been confusing without a guide signage would solve that issue. My only complant was the that throws up the access road. Not fun and easy to lose your disc.
Deciding on one official layout and clearly marking that layout might make this course a solid 4 or higher. Easily replaced next tee signs would help and a clear map available online also. Even though Ft. Steilacoom shows that too many layouts without a clear plan will confuse the traveling player, this course is on a nice piece of terrain with plenty of elevation and obstacles to keep your interest. The holes in the Sargents Grove section best - play this part first. Hey - it is easy to understand the desire for multiple layout options at your course but it is best to keep clear signs to a decided upon layout (with clear maps available online) for the traveling player.
Upon entering the course it looks fun and challenging however, just try to play 18 holes of the same course. There are tee boxes everywhere, some with signs and others empty. There are also many unused baskets which who knows why they are there. Directions to holes are minimal. My suggestion...grab a local while playing your 1st round or you will NEVER find your way.
Courses Close By
- Fort Steilacoom - Ray's Nine, Steilacoom WA US(1 vote)
- Fort Steilacoom S.E. Disc Golf Course, Lakewood WA US(3 votes)
- Ambient Disc Golf Course, Lakewood WA USNo votes yet
- McChord Field Air Force Base, Tacoma WA USNo votes yet
- Roosevelt Park Disc Golf Course, Tacoma WA USNo votes yet
- Volunteer Park Disc Golf, Lakebay WA USNo votes yet
- Woodland Creek Community Park, Lacey WA US(2 votes)
- St. Martin's Abbey, Lacey WA US(1 vote)
- Burton Adventure Disc Golf Course, Vashon Island WA USNo votes yet
- Horseshoe Lake Disc Golf, Port Orchard WA USNo votes yet