Fontana Village Resort Disc Golf Course
What a great course.! Fun, beautiful, just hard enough. They could use some concrete pads (the rubber ones stay slick after rain) and maybe some better signage, but these are minor problems. I wish I lived closer!
it's got 18 baskets, so it gets at least a 3 for me...but other than that, it's lot's of rolling hills and a few long, straight shots...it's near the Appalachian Trail, so thru hikers get a chance to play which was nice when i came through in 2007 and 2008...i've played it a few times and it's gotten better over the years...lots of wild edibles around if you know what you are lookin' for...Ramps!!!
This is a very fun course and well worth the drive through the mountains to play it. The course layout and setting is just how I imagined it to be.
There are several signature holes on the course and several shots where you can air it out. I Highly recommend this course for the advance - pro level player.
As one of the few resident locals, I have been playing this course since it was installed by DiscConcepts in 2007. The course is very balanced with left,straight, and right turning holes, and there is some moderate to significant elevation change on many of the holes. The course is more open than wooded, though there are still enough trees to cause some anxiety on most holes. One set of primary teepads (rubber pad on wood frame) is very good. The course is slowly being improved, with shorter permanent pads planned over the Winter 09/10, as well as alternate pin placements. Overall the design is solid, and the course just needs some polish. A small group of local players are working with Fontana Village Resort to bring this course closer to its world-class potential. Throwing 2 or more rounds from the comfort of a golf cart, eating dinner at the 5-star Bistro, and then relaxing in the evening at your room overlooking the course is a unique experience.
Courses Close By
- Mills Park Disc Golf Course, Gatlinburg TN US(2 votes)
- Admiral Farragut Park, Knoxville TN US(2 votes)
- Catamount Links, Cullowhee NC US(2 votes)
- Loudon Disc Golf Park, Loudon TN US(3 votes)
- Morningside Park, Knoxville TN US(2 votes)
- Jackson County Rec Center Disc Golf Course, Cullowhee NC USNo votes yet
- Victor Ashe Park, Knoxville TN US(3 votes)
- Meeks Park, Blairsville GA US(3 votes)
- Inskip Pool Youth Disc Golf Course, Knoxville TN USNo votes yet
- Bear Lake Reserve Disc Golf Course, Tuckasegee NC USNo votes yet