Firebaugh Disc Golf Course
Positives: A nice venue along the San Joaquin River and though two of the neighborhood parks. The holes are all "accessible" to locals, except for perhaps the long hole along the River. Some signage is present, but it is rare and damaged in most cases.
Negatives: There is no clear course, nor clearly designated holes in some cases, as nothing is there to direct the player as to the direction of play. The layout, which can now be found at disc golf course review, does have flaws but some nice holes as well. There are crossing fairways and a tee pad no more than a couple dozen feet from the basket to another hole. If the course had more players, play could be dangerous in some places.
Summary: Firebaugh offers some very interesting and different holes for this part of California (Central Valley). It has an uncommon location in comparison to other disc golf courses in the region. Due to this reason, one of the holes plays along the San Joaquin River for more than 400 feet. The course has the potential to go nearly unmatched in quality in the Central Valley with an improved design.
Firebaugh has fantastic potential as mentioned. The course as it sits now has enough faults that, due to its proximity to very little, doesn't favor it for return visits from out of the area. As a community course it likely serves its purpose. Improved signage and some improved defining of the holes would go a long way in its current layout. I really enjoy the location, course and the locals I've gotten to know in Firebaugh. It does make for a nice destination if the player wants to go for a bit of a drive to the west side of the Valley and find a course with a bit different environment than others in the area.
Courses Close By
- Kiwanis Disc Golf Course at Town & Country Park, Madera CA USNo votes yet
- Fahrens Park Disc Golf Course, Merced CA US(1 vote)
- Monument Ridge Disc Golf Course, Raymond CA US(1 vote)
- Woodward Legacy Disc Golf Course, Fresno CA US(1 vote)
- Hensley Lake Disc Golf Course, Raymond CA US(1 vote)
- Arakelian Park Disc Golf Course, Livingston CA US(2 votes)
- Coalinga Disc Golf Course, Coalinga CA USNo votes yet
- Centennial Park, Hanford CA US(1 vote)
- Kings River DGC, Kingsburg CA USNo votes yet
- East La Loma Park, Modesto CA USNo votes yet