My favorite course in the Grand Rapids area. Long, woodsy, challenging. This course will make you control your shots. If you throw a wild high rising shot be prepared to look around for a while. Off the fairway looks worse than it is, I've never lost a disc here. Not crowded unlike most courses around, bring the dog and let him run.
This is a challenging and long course. A few holes are in open meadows but most are in mixed forests. Hole number 16 is almost 800 feet and could be made into two holes but it gives the big throwers a place to shine. It is a great walk in the woods and is the best course in the Grand Rapids area. You will surly get some tree love or hate depending on how you deal with a challenge.
This is NOT a great course. It's the kind of course you go to because it's close to your house but you don't make a special trip to go there. Several of the holes are simply a quad two-track about six feet wide and if you don't throw EXACTLY in the middle you are trudging through four feet tall briers to get your disc. In the middle of the course you are basically throwing through walls of trees which is fine but I wouldn't say it's all that fun. Once you come back out of the woods on the last couple holes they are just open grass of no technical difficulty. If there is another course within range of you I don't recommend going here.
The most technical, challenging course around the area. A few open tee shots, but mainly in the woods with gradual to extreme elevation changes (hole #5 is 500 ft long on at least a 100 ft incline). Distances vary from about 200 ft on a few holes to over 700 ft on hole #16. Many blind tee shots, hard dog legs, obstacles, and mixed terrain, only hole #17 is completely open. Though, concrete tee pads are now in, and many trees and shrubs have been trimmed to make the course a little more manageable, it is definitely not a course for beginners, and can even make the best of pros look foolish at times. If you want to be challenged, and improve your game check this place out, you may fall in love with it.
Courses Close By
- The Huver Damn Disc Golf Course, Saranac MI USNo votes yet
- SMASH Park, Belding MI US(2 votes)
- Bertha Brock County Park, Ionia MI USNo votes yet
- Cascade Township Park, Cascade Township MI US(1 vote)
- Cornerstone University Disc Golf Course, Grand Rapids MI USNo votes yet
- Danish Disc Golf at Davis Park, Greenville MI US(3 votes)
- Old Farm Park, Grand Rapids (Kentwood) MI US(1 vote)
- Caledonia High School, Caledonia MI USNo votes yet
- Garfield Park, Grand Rapids MI USNo votes yet
- Riverside Park North, Grand Rapids MI US(3 votes)