This is a great course for beginners and experienced players alike. Pay the fees to help keep it maintained and it will remain Madison's number one course. It contains a nice blend of open and wooded holes. Love the signature hole #18, as it offers a great view of the park and Madison from the well elevated tee pad. Earned "Disc Heads" home course in 2014.
Great variety of shots: uphill, downhill, left, right, tight, open. Overall a really fun course from the short or the long tees. Following the layout can be a bit challenging so proper signage would make it a 5. Finishes on 18 with an epic downhill bomber.
Excellent course with a wide variety of interesting holes and pin locations. There are some maintenance issues but they don't seem nearly as bad as some of the earlier reviews would suggest. Temporary signs are a big help but some have already faded or been washed out.
Without the signs the course would be difficult to navigate at times, but we played it for the first time on a Sunday and there were plenty of other players to follow.
Elver is the number one disc course in the Madison area. It is the most challenging and has some wonderfully memorable holes, most notably 18. Nice balance of wooden/open/bushy holes, and has several ace opportunities. Points off for hole markage. You don't even get to see which hole you're on until the bench at 12. Take a guide or a map if you're a newbie.
Poorly designed, poorly maintained course. Crowded. No signs. First four holes are bland and boring zig-zagging up a hill. Several gimmicky blind holes follow that test luck rather than skill. Stick to Hiestand or Vallarta-Ast when in Madison.
One of my favorite courses but the lack of signs got it the 4 star rating. Fortunately the one time we played it there was someone slower than us ahead of us for us to follow.
excellent course with a fair share of blind holes. good elevation, challenging long tees, and a great finishing hole @490 feet down hill. heavily played
Courses Close By
- Nine Springs Golf Course, Fitchburg WI USNo votes yet
- Capital Springs, Madison WI USNo votes yet
- Hiestand Park, Madison WI US(7 votes)
- Vallarta-Ast Disc Golf Course, Deforest WI US(4 votes)
- Exeter Disc Golf Course, Belleville WI USNo votes yet
- Kiwanis of Stoughton Disc Golf Course, Stoughton WI US(2 votes)
- Marion Park, Prairie Du Sac WI US(2 votes)
- Lake Leota Park, Evansville WI USNo votes yet
- Arena Disc Golf Course, Arena WI USNo votes yet
- Bird's Ruins Disc Golf Course at Langer Park, Marshall WI US(1 vote)