Dr. James A. Dillon Park
Always start on hole 10 especially if you aren't warmed up (close to the parking lot and not by the water, plus the course is really divided into 2 sections).
There are 3 water sections a lake, a tiny creek (#13) and a bigger creek by holes #11 and #13 (#15 sorta). Easy to get the disc out of the small creek, harderish for the bigger one, almost impossible for the lake unless you go swimming. They will dredge the lake during the summer and return your disk back to you for a fee ($2-3?) as long as you have your Phone number on there.
DO NOT go into the yard nearby the park if you throw it there (plenty of signs warning you). Just ring the doorbell and ask to retrieve it if you do throw it in there (#17, #1, #2 are the most likely places).
There usually is a nice guy with a tent setup by hole #1 that will sell discs both new and used (found from the lake and traded in) for good prices and is generally nice/friendly.
I've seen people swimming in the lake so if you think you can get your disk, no one will stop you (if you ask the guy he will give the general non-committal answer).
Great course and plenty of fun. I haven't lost a disc here but I know plenty of people who have every time they go. If you are worried just play it safe. There are plenty of fun holes to air out. And if you lose one you can always buy another from the guy. Can get busy, but there seems to be plenty of space that it doesn't really slow down gameplay.
Oh and there is a practice tee by the restrooms between holes #1 & #18 if you just want to putt.
This is by far my favorite course. When I'm in the Indy area I am here every other day when the weather is right. I love the obstacles, distances, heights, hills, and water. Beautiful course, beginners beware of hole 1, 6, 9, and 11, as they are all around water. I recommend this course for anyone with a decent amount of time to burn!
Courses Close By
- Lawrence W Inlow Park, Carmel IN US(2 votes)
- The Hill at Northview Church, Carmel IN US(3 votes)
- Hazel Landing Park, Carmel IN US(1 vote)
- Morse Beach Park, Noblesville IN US(2 votes)
- Cumberland Park, Fishers IN USNo votes yet
- Sahm Park, Indianapolis IN US(1 vote)
- DISC at Fall Creek, Indianapolis IN USNo votes yet
- Biddle Memorial Park, Sheridan IN US(1 vote)
- George Washington Park, Indianapolis IN US(1 vote)
- Northwestway Park Disc Golf Course, Indianapolis IN US(5 votes)