Crane Hill Disc Golf Course
The actual course itself is more like four chains with the changes they made. However, signage is non-existent and the course map is outdated (but still gives you somewhat of an idea where to go). All they would need to help improve flow and prevent confusion is to get some patio blocks, templates and spray paint. Painting the hole number or arrows to the next tee and then burying them flush into the ground would help clear confusion as to what hole you're on or which way to go to the next tee.
They did increase the distance on many holes which is great (4 & 15 for example). It is a beautiful piece of land and the change in elevation is well done. I've played the course twice and I found it much more enjoyable the second time around.
Newer course that is well laid out and well maintained. A lot of different shots are incorporated into the course. Can be a bit hard to find the driveway - it's really about 100 yards to the right after the bridge you have to honk before you drive under.
Bring bug spray in season. This course is worth a stop in the Springfield, MA area to play.
This course is in it's infancy, but has a very nice layout. It is a beautiful park that isn't used for much else than Disc Golf, so the privacy is nice. Some hills, some long holes and a diversity that keeps it interesting. Some tee-boxes have rubber pads, others do not. The course is pretty well maintained and it's hard to lose a disc. I think after some play, the course will develop nicely.
Courses Close By
- HCC Disc Golf Course, Holyoke MA US
- Hyland Orchard & Brewery Disc Golf Course, Fiskdale MA US
- Northampton State Hospital, Northampton MA US
- Orchard Hill Disc Golf at UMass Amherst, Amherst MA US
- Cross Farms, Tolland CT US
- Ecker Hill Disc Golf Course, Vernon CT US
- Luther Hill Park, Spencer MA US
- Buffumville Lake, Charlton MA US
- Wickham Park Disc Golf Course, Manchester CT US
- Hodges Village Dam , Oxford MA US