This is a really nice course. One of my favorites in the area because you need a big arm to reach a lot of the pins! The layout is great and flows really well.
The baskets however, SUCK!
When visiting the Saginaw Valley to play 1 of the 6 courses within a 25 mile radius, make certain to visit Chippewa Banks DGC in Midland, Michigan. It is the best example of all 6 in regards to an equal mix of tight woods and an openness that allows for the big arms to let loose with some accurate shots at baskets placed well and off in the distance enough that a 300' throw makes for a tough upshot. Several holes border the Chippewa River, although the river is quite well blocked and aside from 1 hole having a drop off not far beyond the basket, the river only comes into play if your drive is really offline. This course has seen an extreme increase in visitors since 2007 and the results have been a decline in cleanliness, as well as an increase in vandalism. You'll usually see the local club players picking up, grooming and caring for the course and along with the Midland Parks crew, the problems are improving. Please play this and all courses within the Saginaw Valley with a commitment to cleanliness and the idea of promoting the good will of disc golfers. Sometimes we not only have to pick up after ourselves, but many others as well.
Courses Close By
- Tittabawassee Trails, Freeland MI US(1 vote)
- The Jungle, Sanford MI US(2 votes)
- Wickes Woods, Saginaw MI USNo votes yet
- The Pines, St. Charles MI US(1 vote)
- Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant MI US(1 vote)
- The Vines at Reed County Park, North Star MI USNo votes yet
- Chesaning Showboat Park, Chesaning MI USNo votes yet
- Deerfield Nature Park - Wildwood, Mount Pleasant MI US(1 vote)
- Deerfield Nature Park - Deerfield, Mt. Pleasant MI US(1 vote)
- Memorial Park, Frankenmuth MI US(2 votes)