Chickasaw Community Park
Very solid course and worth playing if you're in the area. Challenging but not killer difficult.
Was in the area for a family reunion and Sammert's review and the course description on another site prompted me to come here with some family members. Maybe four links is generous given the flaws of the course (no concrete tees, poorly marked at times) but I really did enjoy playing this course despite the rather makeshift feel of it.
The elevation changes make every hole interesting and there are some peculiarities that make this a memorable course (specifically the hanging basket in the front nine and the pin that is set on an expanse of concrete that has a map of the United States set up so that the pin is in Mobile).
The front 9 was rather easy in my opinion (shot a one over I believe) but the back 9 seemed to get progressively harder. Really liked the drive off of 7, I believe it was, throwing downhill through a tunnel of trees to a landing across a small creek.
The dude running the course was there that day and he was nice enough to direct us around the course at times which was helpful as it wasn't very clearly marked at times. He was cool with my dog running around off-leash too so that earns him my gratitude.
Bring water, though, as I didn't see any water spickets or fountains about.
All in all a great course and I would love to play it again.
Definately one of the best courses I've played. This one was so, so, so much fun. Whoever designed this course was creative and innovative, and knew how to make a fun and challenging course. I did have a bone to pick with the water hazards, but besides that, this course was absolutely fantastic. There were many elevation changes, tricky trees, far away holes, near holes, holes in normal places, holes in crazy places. And to top it all off, the course played through an awesome park next to some really cool buildings. Playing hole eleven in front of a church? How cool could it get?! Throwing hole three into a suspended basket?! Oh man. Definately an awesome course, and great for the whole family to relax.
Courses Close By
- Chickasabogue County Park - Original, Eight Mile AL US(2 votes)
- Chickasabogue County Park - New Ridge, Eight Mile AL USNo votes yet
- The Path, Saraland AL US(1 vote)
- Springhill Hobbit Disc Golf Course, Mobile AL US(2 votes)
- Municipal Gold Disc Golf Course, Mobile AL US(1 vote)
- Langan Municipal Park, Mobile AL US(2 votes)
- Spring Hill College Disc Golf Course, Mobile AL USNo votes yet
- MRAG Disc Golf Course, Mobile AL USNo votes yet
- Steele Creek, Satsuma AL USNo votes yet
- University of South Alabama, Mobile AL USNo votes yet