A very nice course, more for beginners to intermediate players. The longer holes are pretty wide open. The wind can be a factor - which is good, because everyone needs to know how to throw/putt with a wind! Very convenient to the freeway.
Plenty of work has gone into this park in the last year. The blackberry bushes have been taken care of and the brush is much easier to navigate. Alternate basket locations are available for 10 of the 18 holes. It is still a pretty straight and flat course without too many surprises though.
Nice course environment. But one problem: a couple of baskets are not properly maintained. In particular, basket 15 has a briar patch right next to it, from which it is impossible to find/retrieve your disc. I lost a good driver there, and recommend you skip number 15 until this is corrected.
Right next to a lake that had a lot of fishermen and a large parking lot. The course has a bulletin board to greet you and the first tee is right next to it. Each hole has concrete t-pads and signs. The area is flat and open, but the course designers did a good job of using existing trees to thier advantage. Hole 18 ends back at the parking lot, as it should.
Pros: Used obstacles well around the course like trees, lake, abandoned building to increase difficulty. Easy to Navigate. Good long flat course for those new to the game. Parking is a breeze.
Cons: Lots of open air holes; 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18. Wind can be 25+ a few times a week.
Alt pins are being added to increase variety.
Courses Close By
- Oregon State Hospital, Salem OR USNo votes yet
- Corban University, Salem OR USNo votes yet
- Woodmansee Park, Salem OR US(2 votes)
- Keizer Rapids, Keizer OR US(1 vote)
- MINET Disc Golf Course, Independence OR USNo votes yet
- Canyonview Camp, Silverton OR US(1 vote)
- Church Park, Sublimity OR USNo votes yet
- Wheatland DGC at Willamette Mission State Park, Salem OR USNo votes yet
- Jefferson School District, Jefferson OR USNo votes yet
- Pioneer Park, Stayton OR USNo votes yet