Camp Jordan Disc Golf Course
4.5 out of 5, because hole #15 is a bastard.
Mad props to Camp Jordan for this course though. Excellent distance, a few tricky holes through some woods, with the creek coming into play on a few holes as well so be careful! A spotter is definitely recommended.
Pros: a great place to work on all parts of your game. Wide open bombs like the 850-ft hole #17, and more tight and accurate shots like #14.
Cons: to be really, really nitpicky, they could put up trashcans at every hole. I HATE seeing piles of cans and trash discarded on the course. But the course itself is fantastic.
This course is a beast but awesome! It is a great compliment/contrast to the Sinks also in town. At Camp Jordan you can go out with your big distance discs and air it out. But it is very nice because it does have several tight technical holes and some holes that require strategy. A few holes require a smart layup if you can't easily throw and 400ft anhyzer shot (I sure can't!) This is definitely not a beginner course.
We just got the tee pads poured this past weekend and the course as a whole is about 90% done, signs have not been posted yet but will be soon. If you want to head out and let them fly: enter the park, turn left into the first gravel lot. Hole #1 is about 400 feet to the left on the edge of the tree line. You will see the tee pad and probably some of the local's cars.
Course flow is easy to follow even without signage but here are few hints just in case:
#3 tee is tucked into the woods
#4 tee is across the track by the creek and telephone pole, look for the mando sign
#5 tee is past the canoe ramp after 4
#6 tee is tucked into the woods after 60 feet to the right of 5. look for the clearing
#8 take a right up the hill after 7 basket
#14 tee is across path after 13
#15 - after 14, walk around out the woods and to the right by soccer field. SPOTTER NEEDED ON HOLE 15...SERIOUSLY
#16 - after 15, walk back towards the soccer fields and then right
#17 tee is tucked into the woods after 16
A lot of people worked very hard on this course to make it awesome and difficult at the same time. Please respect the course and don't abuse the elements that make it difficult. In other words, don't rip out a limb or bush just because of a bad shot. If it was easy all the time it would get boring.
Courses Close By
- East Brainerd Church of Christ, Chattanooga TN USNo votes yet
- Jack Mattox Recreation Complex, Ringgold GA US(6 votes)
- Chambliss Children's Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN USNo votes yet
- Shepherd Rec Center Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(7 votes)
- Carver Rec Center Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(1 vote)
- The Sinks, Chattanooga TN US(8 votes)
- Sticky Pines Disc Golf Course, Ooltewah TN USNo votes yet
- Southern Adventist University DCG, Collegedale TN US(3 votes)
- Portland Park Disc Golf Course, Chattanooga TN US(2 votes)
- 9 On Top at the Pumpkin Patch, Signal Mountain TN USNo votes yet