Beacon Hill Park Disc Golf
Course review by Jared Terry, Oct. 16, 2013
This is a great new course with a new layout currently setup as of October 2013. It features 9 holes but has a set of long and short tees for a total of 18 that can be played. It features some great elevation changes for some fun up and down shots as a couple holes play across a large water basin! Currently only 4 temp baskets installed while funds are raised for permanent baskets. Love all the use of grass on this new course.
Hole 1 is long and straight so get out your big guns and go for it!
Hole 2 plays short and straight ahead but is a little further than it looks as you navigate over a few small trees and a berm to your left.
Hole 3 is a good one to stretch out your arm on as you play across the basin. Keep to the right unless you want to do some hiking into the bottom!
Hole 4 is long and straight. Be careful as an errant throw to the right can hit the houses if not careful.
Hole 5 throws from an elevated tee and it can be tough to see the basket. A small cross wind through here can have a tendency to push you left.
Hole 6 throws to an elevated pin location but straight ahead. Be careful not to get too far off to the right as it drops off quickly and can be an adventure heading into those trees and the small ravine.
Hole 7 is a 90 degree turn right unless you want to chance the forest with a hyzer spike over the trees!
Hole 8 brings the large basin back into play as you stretch out the arm again and aim for the other side.
Hole 9 finishes off nicely as you head back toward the main road. Be careful of the hill right in front of you and don't go to long and to the right or else you'll be playing out of the bottom of this small drop off.
Overall a great course and incorporates some fun new elevations. Once permanent baskets are established and more grass put in, this will bump up my "B" rating! Overall I really like it so far.
Courses Close By
- Art Dye Disc Golf Park, American Fork UT US(5 votes)
- Dry Creek Trail Park, Lehi UT US(1 vote)
- Saratoga Hills, Saratoga Springs UT USNo votes yet
- Creekside Park, Salt Lake City UT US(5 votes)
- Solitude Mountain Resort, Solitude UT US(4 votes)
- Rock Canyon, Provo UT US(2 votes)
- Valley Regional Park Disc Golf Course, Salt Lake City UT US(2 votes)
- Fairmont Park Disc Golf Course, Salt Lake City UT USNo votes yet
- Bicentennial Park, Provo UT US(3 votes)
- The Canyons Resort, Park City UT US(1 vote)