Ballou Park Disc Golf Course #2
-Two tee pads available (on most holes)
-Good level of difficulty from the longer pads
-A few picturesque holes that are well designed from both tees (6, 12 and 17 are great)
-Elevation changes are good
-Incomplete long pads (3, 8, 10, 13, 15 do not have long pads)
-No alternate baskets
-Not much change between hole layouts (short pads). Slight fade or turn.
-Upkeep is terrible. Bridges broken, lopsided or underwater. Fallen trees in front of the pads or baskets. No steps where they are needed. Very limited in benches and trash cans.
-Direction. Not much in the form of signage that helps or where the next pad is located. Tee signs are poor.
This course has possibilities. More and better signage to help visitors and beginners get around. Lots of room for alternate baskets on almost every hole. Completion of all the long pads would add as well.
Great little gem of a course! The only thing missing is perhaps a selection of longer "air it out" holes; however, the balance of elevation, the scenery in the park, and the variety of shots required at Ballou is excellent. I enjoy getting to play this course several times each week.
I absolutely love this course and wish I got to Danville more often. I believe that it's #5 (the hole with the steps) that is one of the finest designed holes I've ever played, now that it has tee pads. Number 18 is one of the best, most beautiful finishing holes I've ever played. Absolutely the BEST tee signs I've ever seen.
Courses Close By
- Ballou Park Disc Golf Course #1, Danville VA US(3 votes)
- Kraken Disc Golf at Hyco Lake Park, Semora NC USNo votes yet
- Kraken, Semora NC USNo votes yet
- Clayton Acres, Semora NC USNo votes yet
- Lake's Edge, Reidsville NC US(3 votes)
- J. Frank Wilson Memorial Park, Martinsville VA USNo votes yet
- Rockness Monster, Roxboro NC US(1 vote)
- Haw River State Park Nature Trail Disc Golf, Browns Summit NC USNo votes yet
- Deep Creek Dreams , Burlington NC USNo votes yet
- Northeast Park - Crooked Creek, Gibsonville NC US(1 vote)