Woodsy course with a premium on the straighter drive. First 12 holes sort of similar slightly left or right corridor drives for the most part with the best 6 holes at the end.
Played this course this past weekend on the way through from the beach. Very close to I-95 and easy to locate for passers through like us.
The course is very well signed with simple signs indicating hole and distance. There are arrows on trees near every basket pointing you to the next tee which is also very helpful. Some require a little searching, the arrow for 17 is before the hole beside the fairway.
All in all a very good wooded course with some very tight fairways and levels changes and ditches/creeks to make for some challenging shots. I am a casual player so some holes definitely pushed my limits with accuracy. A few ravines require some creative climbing and help from a friend to recover a disc for an errant shot.
I feel for the above reviewer as the 13th hole down into a ravine was probably one of my favorite holes played to date, a tremendous elevation change down into a shaded mossy opening before heading back up the hill. A lot of fun, would definitely play again on my way through.
Nice course, kinda hard to follow if first time, front 9 fairly easy, back 9 a little more challenging, park can be very busy at times, people walking through course, not paying attention. First time I went, #13 was in the water, no chance to play it. Second time, it was playable with small pond in front of basket. Good course though overall.
Arnette park is what a wooded disc golf course should be. It's a course you love and hate! Just a fun course to play!
Pros: This course makes you use every shot possible. It tests your accuracy and your ability to play around trees. Well made tees and easy to navigate. Park people seldom intefere with the course or gameplay.
Cons: Stay on the fairway, if not its possible you will have to take a couple of shots to get back on the path. There are a lot of trees in play here. Some shots, you will have to walk up the fariway to see where the basket is located.
Courses Close By
- Mazarick Park West, Fayetteville, NC US(1 vote)
- Mazarick Park East, Fayetteville NC US(1 vote)
- Middle River Disc Golf Course, Fayetteville NC US(3 votes)
- Anderson Creek, Lillington NC US(1 vote)
- Pine Cone Crush at Reservoir Park, Southern Pines NC US(1 vote)
- Luther Britt Park, Lumberton NC US(1 vote)
- Campbell University Disc Golf, Buies Creek NC US(1 vote)
- Hillcrest Park Disc Golf Course, Carthage NC US(1 vote)
- O. T. Sloan Park, Sanford NC US(2 votes)
- Village of Pinehurst Disc Golf Course, Pinehurst NC USNo votes yet