Archusa Creek Water Park
Nice little course. Be careful: the map (which you have to ask for at the ranger station) is not accurate, but you can get the idea.
The front 9 are fairly easy to find and have DISCatcher baskets. A few holes that go through the woods are hard to line up, and several signs are down or are pointing in odd directions. The holes are fairly short and there are a lot of trees in the direct path. The concrete tee pads are pretty small.
They obviously put in 9 more later and used cheaper baskets. The back nine are difficult to find as there are no signs for tee pads that we found. There is a fairly long hole (13ish?) that they call a Par 5 but should be a par 4. Three of the holes have water in play, though only one tee shot is directly over the water.
Overall a nice course. Bug spray may be a good idea, but I don't know if that would have helped with the 3 ticks I found on me and 2 more on my dog from playing it twice!
Courses Close By
- Clarkco State Park, Quitman MS US
- The Lynx Disc Golf Course, Ellisville MS US
- The Tiger Trail at U of W. Alabama, Livingston AL US
- Moccasin Bend Disc Golf, Morton MS US
- Tatum Trails Disc Golf, Hattiesburg MS US
- Paul B. Johnson State Park, Hattiesburg MS US
- Citronelle Municipal Park, Citronelle AL US
- Ashe Lake Disc Golf Course, Brooklyn MS US
- Duncan Lake Disc Golf Course, Hattiesburg MS US
- Lucedale Municipal Park, Lucedale MS US