Anna Page Park - South
Anna Page South... I call it the widow-maker. Anna Page is my home course so I can usually play between 950 and upwards on the other two courses, but I have never played a sub-par round on Anna Page South. Similar to all the Anna Page courses, there is no marked OB, but if there was, this would easily fall into an international gold-level rated course.
Pros: Even without the OB, the course is very challenging. It plays tight lines with hard doglegs on most holes. Straight-on holes are all through what I call the chessboard tree patterns - in other words you still have to route almost all the straight-on holes. Some of them have holes that after years of playing the course I still have not birdied. Even with the tight technical nature of the course, there is still lots and lots of room to "stretch it out" and let the disc fly.
Cons: Tee pads can get pretty soupy, still no concrete. All holes have signage, however, the signs do not include pars. Two areas of major poison ivy infestation, but to be fair the local club has been working diligently to pare down the PI since the course was installed. It has gotten A LOT better. Mosquitoes on this course for some reason get super crazy, I mean lots and lots of mosquitoes. Bring heavy duty bug spray and keep it in your bag to "freshen" it up during the round. I also drench a towel in bug spray and spin it in front of me while I walk. There are no alternative pin placements.
This course is not for a first time player. I'm a 16 year veteran and still call it the widow maker. Overall, as with all Anna Page courses, it could REALLY use some OB, but I just pretend in my mind what the OB would be and play it that way. I love this course. Once it has the concrete pads and the signage is complete, I will change my rating to a 5 with all my heart.
Courses Close By
- Anna Page Park - East, Rockford IL US(2 votes)
- Anna Page Park - West, Rockford IL US(1 vote)
- Rockford University Disc Golf Course, Rockford IL USNo votes yet
- Harlem High School, Machesney Park IL USNo votes yet
- Porter Park, Roscoe IL US(1 vote)
- Woodlands, Rockton IL US(2 votes)
- Dr. George W. Hilliard Park, Beloit WI USNo votes yet
- Belvidere Park Disc Golf Course, Belvidere IL US(2 votes)
- Lake Summerset Disc Golf Course, Lake Summerset IL USNo votes yet
- Pioneer Park, Kirkland IL US(6 votes)