PDGA Tournament Manager Help
Upload Player Data
- Go to the PDGA Tournament Manager and login using the password provided in your Scheduled Event Confirmation email. If you cannot locate the password, please contact the PDGA office at [email protected] or call (706) 261-6342
- Select the tournament you wish to administer from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the number of rounds in the tournament and click "Update".
- Important! Make sure to check the boxes if there will be a cut for a Semi-finals or Finals round.
- If you haven't already done so, please download the latest version of the TD Report in Excel format. It's good idea to rename the file to include the event name and year to make it easier to find later.
- Open the "Scores" tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Enter in the players divisions, names, PDGA numbers, scores, etc. in the appropriate columns.
- Highlight the player info on the spreadsheet along with the headings and copy (CTRL+C)
- Go back to your web browser and click on the "Upload" link in the main menu.
- Paste (CTRL+V) the player information you copied from the spreadsheet into the "Data Input" text area.
- If your data has a headings row, leave the "First row in results contain field names" checked
- Leave the "Overwrite existing results" box unchecked
- Click "Next >>"
- The "Field Mappings" page asks you if the field names from the spreadsheet match the available database columns. Make sure they do and click "Next >>" again.
- If this is not the first time you've uploaded player information, you will now be asked to match players that do not have an assigned PDGA number and/or add new players that have not yet been uploaded.
- If any players in the list do not match a previously uploaded player, check the "New" box for that player in the first column.
- Click "Next >>"
- If there are any ties that need to be broken, set the correct "Finish Place" for each player.
- Only ties for first place must be broken.
- Click "Next >>"
To generate accurate ratings for each round, you need to assign course layouts to each division for each round played. The system creates an initial "Default Layout" of 18 holes with a par of 54. If you have a layout with more or less holes, or if different divisions play a different configuration (e.g., different tees), or if the course is changed (e.g., different basket placements) between rounds, then you need to create additional layouts and assign the divisions to them as outlined below.
- To add or edit layouts, click "Setup" in the main menu. In the section labeled "Course Layouts", you can edit the default layout and/or add new layouts as necessary (you need one for every configuration played in any round).
- To add a layout, click on the "Add Layout" button. Add a description for the layout, the number of holes and the total par for the layout then click "Add Layout".
- To assign the layouts for each division, click the "Ratings" link from the top menu. First, select the round you are assigning layouts for, then select the layout played by each division for that round and click the "Update" button. Repeat the process for each round.
- Once scores have been uploaded, ratings for each round will be automatically generated.
Note: These are temporary unofficial ratings. Please submit your TD Report to the PDGA office once your event is complete so that results can be officially processed and official ratings can be generated.
- In your spreadsheet, place the tee-times in the round column that the tee-times are for.
- Make sure the tee-times are in 24-hour format. (ie. 2:30PM = 14:30)
You can enter round scores for each player as they come off the course and have it reflected on the results page in real time without having to upload the entire spreadsheet. This is particularly useful if you are using tee-times.
- Ensure that the correct layouts have been assigned to each division (see Generating Ratings).
- Click on the "Round Entry" link in the main menu.
- Enter the round scores in the Score column for each individual player as they come off the course.
- The scores will be reflected on the results page and ratings generated instantaneously.
- After all cards are in, you can use the "Export" link in the main menu to generate a file for easy cut-and-paste back into your Tournament Report spreadsheet.
- Calculate places by performing an upload of player data.
- From the "Setup" page click on the "Add Round" button under Hole-by-Hole Rounds
- Select the Round and Division from the corresponding drop-down lists that you wish to score and click the "Add Round" button.
- If the entered par for the layout does not match the sum of the holes being played, you will be asked to edit the layout and modify the individual hole pars so that over/under par will display correctly on the results page.
- Click on the link to modify the pars and enter the correct par for each hole and click the "Update" button.
- Click on "Setup" link from the main menu and then click on the Edit link next to the round and division that you wish to score.
- Proceed to step 4.
Calculation of places may only be accomplished by doing a complete upload of player data. You can use the "Export" link in the main menu to generate a file for easy cut-and-paste back into the "Upload" form. See Uploading Player Data for further instructions.